24 March 2020
This week you can expect to have all meetings held virtually via live stream or Zoom. We will be posting videos and challenges on social media throughout the week. We love seeing what you guys come up with!
Tonight's Eschatology class will be via Zoom; please ensure you are registered so that you can get the Zoom invite.
Parents, you should have received an update on Youth Group happenings by now. If not, please contact Blaine.
Wednesday night Intercessory Prayer will be not be meeting in person. Please feel free to pray at your own home.
Friday morning Men's Bible Study will be held via Zoom. Be on the lookout for an invite.
This weekend's Youth Date Night Babysitting event is cancelled. We will reschedule after normal operations resume.
Next week's Men's Hike Prep meeting will be held via Zoom. Ryan or Andrew will send out invitations.
Sunday service and next Tuesday prayer will be live stream only again. Please click the button above to tune in.
23 March 2020
Due to Governor McMaster's recent order issued this afternoon restricting gatherings outside of the home to no more than 3 people, we are making tomorrow's Tuesday morning prayer LIVE STREAM ONLY.
Click the button above to be redirected to the stream.
Our Youth Pastor will be contacting parents to update you with plans for Youth Group.
Eschatology class is pending. We hope to have our plan for this meeting out to you tomorrow mid-afternoon.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can stay updated through your New Day App, here on the website, emails, and social media.
21 March 2020
Good afternoon church! Service tomorrow will be live streamed. Click here or on the button above to tune in live.
Starting at 9:45 you will be able to hop on to our New Day Community Church Facebook page or YouTube. Our Kids Ministry Pastors will have a video for the kids to watch before the service goes live. You'll be able to watch the video of the service after it ends so no need to worry if you miss it.
Next week we plan to continue to put out lots of encouraging, uplifting, and fun content for you guys. Remember to take everything as it comes and be productive, be positive, and be playful!
19 March 2020
What at week it has been!
We have been having a lot of fun making videos for you guys, we hope that you have been enjoying them and they have been lifting your spirits.
Here are a couple of updates to bring you through the next few days and the weekend:
1. Men's Bible Study is happening tomorrow! We will be having the meeting at the Church Office as usual but we will also be hosting it virtually to enable those who do not feel comfortable, or cannot attend for whatever reason, to attend. Please go to https://zoom.us/j/398989481 and use the meeting ID 398 989 481 to join in. If you are on an Apple device you may be prompted to download the Zoom app prior to joining the call.
2. Jitterbugs Dance scheduled for Friday will likely be cancelled.
3. Sunday Service will take place virtually via live stream. We will provide more details tomorrow.
What would you do if Jesus showed up in front of you with a special message?
Jesus came to one of our head pastors, Stephanie Jones, recently and said "Everybody relax and take everything as it comes." When Stephanie woke up she thought... 'is that it?' but then began to wonder 'what is coming?'.
Now that we are in this Coronavirus crisis, Stephanie wants to encourage us to relax and take it as it comes.
Throughout the book of Matthew we see exactly what Jesus shared in Stephanie's dream. Our Father in heaven knows ALL that we need and He will take care of us! Jesus says before the end, plagues will come, wars will come, troubles will come into the world. Then, he encourages the disciples to be brave, be courageous for He has overcome the world, and he promises to give us peace that surpasses understanding.
We pray that you have peace in the troubles and are able to relax. It doesn't mean we won't face troubles; but, in the midst of everything, Jesus promises to be with us. Jesus died on the cross because we as the human race have been separated from Him and He was sent to bring us back into relationship with the Father.
You don't have to go through this without the peace of God carrying you through.
Click here to see more and hear more about Stephanie's dream.
18 March 2020 Update
Intercessory Prayer at the Church Office is cancelled for tonight.
If you haven't seen the videos we have been posting head over to YouTube and check them out! We have lots of encouragement, challenges, activities, and fun stuff coming your way DAILY over the next couple of weeks!
17 March 2020 Update
Youth group will be held via Zoom.
Eschatology class for tonight is cancelled; we will have an alternative option for next week.
Women's Bible study will be held via Zoom.
Men's Bible study will be held via Zoom.
SUNDAY service will be virtual (Live streamed) ONLY.
There will be daily videos, challenges, and fun things being posted throughout the week. Watch, join in, and have fun! Updates will be posted here on this page, on Facebook and Instagram, and via email.
If you find yourself unwell and/or unable to get help contact anyone on staff and we will do whatever we can to support you. Email us at email@example.com.
16 March 2020 Update
We are working on a course of action for weekly church events and will update you with the plan for this week tomorrow afternoon.
In the meantime, we DO plan to have 9:00 AM Tuesday prayer at the church office. If you are feeling healthy and well we'd love to see you there. Childcare will be available. If you are practicing quarantine, or would rather stay home, we will be live streaming so that you can still tune in and participate from home.
We will be updating everyone via email, here on the website and app, and on social media so keep an eye out!
14 March 2020 Update:
Hello New Day family,
As we continue to hear updates about COVID-19 we wanted to keep you informed regarding our best practices at New Day and to offer some words of comfort and encouragement.
- We are continuing with our normal church schedule tomorrow morning. After considering many factors, including precedents set by state government and local school districts it seems appropriate to continue with our normal schedule. We do not want to be presumptuous. We want to be humble, taking steps of precaution including healthy practices and prayerfulness.
- We will also be streaming our service tomorrow, featuring guest speaker Peter Jackson, on Facebook.
- We encourage anyone who is feeling sick to stay home and join in via the live stream.
- We will take steps to sanitize coffee and kids ministry areas regularly. Volunteers will serve coffee with gloves on. No snacks will be served tomorrow.
- President Trump has declared this Sunday a national day of prayer. We will take time to pray along with all the family of God across the USA.
- Our greatest hope is that all of this comes to nothing. However, in many places people are being affected by the virus. Many are being affected by restrictions or economic trials. All of this can cause fear. We are all being affected in some way by the drama. It is good to be sensitive to the fact that for some, this could hit home - even if it is someone they know from another state or country. Let’s not come under fear. Let’s remain positive. Let’s continue to pray!
A few weeks ago Stephanie Jones had a dream that Jesus came to the church office and announced “Relax and take everything as it comes!” At that time, we were not sure how or why this dream applied, but now we feel that it applies to this scenario in particular.
RELAX AND TAKE EVERYTHING AS IT COMES sounds a lot like Jesus speaking in the gospel of Matthew 6 v 25-34. Do not worry about your life. Do not worry about tomorrow. The father knows. Let’s stay close to Him and not be afraid.
Scott and Stephanie Jones.
12 March 2020 Update:
Dear New Day Family,
As our nation and global communities discuss how to best deal with(and help prevent) the spread of this virus, here are best practices New Day is embracing:
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick
● Stay home when you are sick
● Cover your coughs/sneezes with tissue or arm
● Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds - the length of saying the Alphabet)
● If no soap and water is available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol New Day is committed to providing safe and sanitized spaces for kids and volunteers. We will regularly disinfect our Kids spaces on these upcoming Sundays.
As followers of Jesus, we choose love over fear – perfect love drives out fear. We pray for those who have already been affected, their families, caregivers, and medical professionals working tirelessly to respond. We exercise caution so we can continue to represent Jesus and share the gospel with compassion and care.
Remember the promise from Psalm 91:5-7:
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
Here are some measures we are emphasizing during this time:
Changes to Our Greeting Time:
For the time being, when it comes to greeting each other in and out of service, we are encouraging our congregation to wave, smile, and show love from afar instead. This will help remove the pressure of having to shake hands and continue to promote healthy hygiene. Please feel comfortable to decline a handshake, hug, high five, etc. And please, respond to one another's personal feelings on the matter and accept their decision with gentleness and respect.
Changes to Our Offering:
In keeping with our effort to promote healthy initiatives, we will not be passing the basket for offering during this time. We invite everyone who comes prepared to give on Sunday mornings to continue to do so. We will have offering baskets available at the front on both sides of the stage, as well as one basket at the back table ready to receive your tithes and offerings. We believe that this is the best way to allow members of our church who enjoy the physical act of giving to continue to do so in a healthy and sanitary way. The easiest and safest way to give is online, which many of us already do. Details can be found at newday.church.
At this point we do not plan on cancelling any meetings. We will continue to watch, pray and consider further actions.
Finally, we need to join together in the spirit of prayer for the people who are working diligently and responding to their calling by caring for those who are sick, for those who are suffering around the world, and for the areas in the world where this virus is causing major upheaval. Pray for competent leadership in the public health sector. And pray for safety and protection for South Carolina.
Scott and Stephanie Jones